Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I get a bump in scores?

tag
willswim
Valued Member

Will I get a bump in scores?

Hey all, my average age will go from 5 years to 6 years on my CRs next month. Do you think I will get a bump in scores for this? One of my hurting your scores is short average age and it says most fico high achievers have an average age between 6 and 12 years.
Dennis
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Will I get a bump in scores?

Hi, willswim, I don't think that you're being ignored; I think that we just don't know. You may well wind up being our guinea pig! Smiley Very Happy

That's a very logical deduction, even though not everything on the High Achiever's list indicates tiers or score buckets. Definitely makes you wonder, though. Be sure to post back in June! It will be another tiny nugget to add to our hoard of information.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 4
willswim
Valued Member

Thanks Hauling, Here's hoping! I'm looking for every little bump I can get right now!
Dennis
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I got a bump (can't remember exactly, around 8) from going 2 years to 3 yrs for the avg. age. I got a new CC in the fall and the age dropped back by 20 points, but you have to factor in the new acct into the equation for the decrease.

I believe that any change would be greater  going from 0 to 1 and would lessen with time. I certainly don't expect an 8 point gain every year.

Message Edited by llecs on 05-09-2008 10:13 AM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.