Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I see a jump in score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will I see a jump in score?

I have one last baddie to fall off, a foreclosure. Interesting thing is it's only 2 years old as of yesterday but it will be falling off this December because the FDOD was back in 2009. Just wondering if I'll see a decent bump when it falls off. Besides my CC below I have an auto loan I've been paying on for 3 yrs. and I'm closing on my house next month. Oldest  account is 17 yrs and AAOA is 5 yrs. 3-5 inquiries on all 3 CR. Let 1-2% report on one card a month.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Aahz
Established Contributor

Re: Will I see a jump in score?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have one last baddie to fall off, a foreclosure. Interesting thing is it's only 2 years old as of yesterday but it will be falling off this December because the FDOD was back in 2009. Just wondering if I'll see a decent bump when it falls off. Besides my CC below I have an auto loan I've been paying on for 3 yrs. and I'm closing on my house next month. Oldest  account is 17 yrs and AAOA is 5 yrs. 3-5 inquiries on all 3 CR. Let 1-2% report on one card a month.

Typically when somenone goes from a dirty scorecard to a clean scorecard you can expect a 60-120 point bump.  Since your scores are on the high side for someone with a foreclosure I'd guess you'll be on the lower end of that range.  Of course if when your new mortgage reports at (or near) 100% that's going to lower your scores.  So, based on timing those two things will counteract each other to some degree.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It also depends on if it's the lesser or greater degree of "dirty" with respect to the file.  I'm not sure where yours falls or even the criteria that puts one into either.  Mine is in the lesser dirty category which is why I have scores in the 730's and in theory can get as high as about 759 even with a 120 day late and a 90 day late on 2 accounts.  For me, I may only see a 30-40 point increase when my file goes from slightly dirty to clean.  Depending on where your scores are now and if you are in the greater dirty category, you could see more like the person that replied above stated.

Message 3 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Don't see why you won't hit 780+ on FICO 8 with those stats, yes you should get a bump as you don't have limited history when you get rebucketed.

The mortgage ding shouldn't be terribly bad in your case, maybe 10ish points since I don't think from what you posted you're at the pretty point in revolving utilization.  Anyway congrats both on getting clean and hopefully obtaining a mortgage!

I got the second, still waiting another 1.5 years or so for the first, bleck!

        
Message 4 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I'd think the jump would be fairly significant if it's the only negative coming off. Congrats. I'd be interested to see how high the score does go.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.