Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I see score increase - 7 accounts turning 1 year old

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Will I see score increase - 7 accounts turning 1 year old

By end of this month 7 accounts would turn 1 year old. Would I see any gain in the scores?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
GFer
Valued Contributor

Re: Will I see score increase - 7 accounts turning 1 year old

I would say yes, because that would increase your AAoA's, concord. I mean, I'm not expert (by any means), but I guess it depends too, on how many accounts you have overall.

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Sure hope so, because I'm looking for 6 to have a birthday next Feb, plus dribs and drabs after that.

When were they opened, October or November 2007? If October, you should have already gotten your bump for the birthdays, although you might get more mini-bumps on the actual anniversaries of each inq. If November, you should see your score jump at the beginning of next month.

eta: any serious score increase assumes that these are the last new accounts. Otherwise, if you have 3-4+ new accounts, opened last December onward, you'll still see the new accounts ding. You get points for account going over 12 months, inq going over 12 months, and not having new(ish) accounts.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 10-11-2008 03:31 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I went on an app spree at the start of repair last August and September. I found a couple double-digit increases I wouldn't explain. I assumed it was because everything turned 1 yr.
Message 4 of 7
GFer
Valued Contributor

Oh, wow! "....double-digit increases..."   (I wish....checks her mental calender)...

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@GFer wrote:
Oh, wow! "....double-digit increases..."   (I wish....checks her mental calender)...

Low double-digit! (10-15 across each 3 in Aug. and Sept.). The red flag went away in the line that says "Accts opened in past yr". Went from 8 to 4. Half of my inquiries dropped too.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please come back and update us when you find out!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.