Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Score Drop.. Paid off card closed due to inactivity

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will Score Drop.. Paid off card closed due to inactivity

My husband has 3 revolving credit cards listed below. The Fred Meyer card closed 2 days ago due to inactivity, will this lower his credit score? (His report will probably update in a few days)

Capital One $175 balance/$1000 limit

Fred Meyer $0 balance /$1500 limit (closed now, the closure hasn't been reported to the CRA's as of yet)

Firestone $449 balance/$1200 limit

We're in the middle of a mortgage so neither of us can afford to lose any points, at this point.

EX 666 TU 642 EQ6

3 REPLIES 3
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Will Score Drop.. Paid off card closed due to inactivity

@Anonymous wrote:

My husband has 3 revolving credit cards listed below. The Fred Meyer card closed 2 days ago due to inactivity, will this lower his credit score? (His report will probably update in a few days)

Capital One $175 balance/$1000 limit

Fred Meyer $0 balance /$1500 limit (closed now, the closure hasn't been reported to the CRA's as of yet)

Firestone $449 balance/$1200 limit

We're in the middle of a mortgage so neither of us can afford to lose any points, at this point.

EX 666 TU 642 EQ6

It will cause a point drop unless you reduce utilization. What you should do is let one of the other cards (whichever one has the next statement date) report a zero balance, and the other one report a balance of from $10 to $90.

Also you might as well ask Cap One for a credit limit increase.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 4
newhis
Valued Contributor

I think it may drop a few points, the closure will hurt available limit and overall utilization.

The best you can do is bring down the balance in both accounts, one to $0 and the other to $10.

Edit: I'm too slow

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

the next card to report is his Firestone card the payment is due tomorrow and the statement date is the 20th.. we can't pay it down to $0 but we can pay $340 to it .. hopefully that will offset a little.. thanks

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.