Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will being added as a authorized user on a cc report on my credit reports

tag
tbrooks
Valued Member

Will being added as a authorized user on a cc report on my credit reports

my mom added me as a authorized user on her cc to help her with paying bills and etc on line. the only information she submitted online was my name. 24hrs later i was added as a autorized user. will her history be added to my credit reports based on being authorized with the limited amount of information we submitted? the cc has a 15,000 limit, and a zero balance, paid as agreed never a late and is over 9 years old.

TU-DEC-2010-697
EQ-DEC-2010-684
EX-DEC-2010-707

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Will being added as a authorized user on a cc report on my credit reports

@tbrooks wrote:

my mom added me as a authorized user on her cc to help her with paying bills and etc on line. the only information she submitted online was my name. 24hrs later i was added as a autorized user. will her history be added to my credit reports based on being authorized with the limited amount of information we submitted? the cc has a 15,000 limit, and a zero balance, paid as agreed never a late and is over 9 years old.

Yes it can help you IF the account is older than any of yours (which you say it is), IF the payment history is long and clean, IF the utilization is very low, and IF it will report to the CRA's. Not all cards will do this. You need to ask the company first. You will inherit the entire history of this account. One caveat however; if this account starts to go south your credit will be affected as well. Keep that in mind.

From a BK years ago to:
7/09 TU-742 EQ- 779
8/09 TU-765 EQ- 783
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I doubt seriously if all she provided was your name.

That is not a unique personal identifier that would allow them to identify your credit report, and thus where to post the AU status.

Message 3 of 4
lkcrew426
Regular Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

I doubt seriously if all she provided was your name.

That is not a unique personal identifier that would allow them to identify your credit report, and thus where to post the AU status.

I provided only my husband's name to add him to one of my accounts as an AU, and the magical fairies found him and it was on his CR 8 days later.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.