cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will checking my own credit score impact my credit rating?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will checking my own credit score impact my credit rating?

Hi experts here, I looked up the "Education" and found that "As long as you order your credit reports through an organization authorized to provide credit reports to consumers, such as myFICO, your own inquiries will not affect your FICO score". My question is, if I ask to get a credit report with credit score, will that affect my score? Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Will checking my own credit score impact my credit rating?

Nope. These are what we call "soft inquiries." In other words, you're not a lender pulling your reports to decide whether to extend credit, so there's no "ding" to your reports.

In fact, lenders can't see soft inqs, either by you or by others. They can only see the hard inqs made if you apply for credit.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will checking my own credit score impact my credit rating?

Thanks, so I will be comfortable to pay 10 or 20 dollars see how high my score is. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.