Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will closed cc be added in util?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will closed cc be added in util?

I am thinking about closing a couple of 1st premier cc accts when ever the annual fee is due on them, or I am able to get a better cc through my CU, which ever comes 1st.  My question is, would the 0 balances that report be added into my util% for the next ten years that it stays on my report or not?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Will closed cc be added in util?

@Anonymous wrote:

I am thinking about closing a couple of 1st premier cc accts when ever the annual fee is due on them, or I am able to get a better cc through my CU, which ever comes 1st.  My question is, would the 0 balances that report be added into my util% for the next ten years that it stays on my report or not?

It's true that you will lose the credit limits so you'll need to be careful about your utilization unless you open other cards. Those closed accounts will continue to help your AAoA for up to 10 years after closing. I'm not sure if that answers your question.
From a BK years ago to:
8/09 TU-765 EQ- 783
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will closed cc be added in util?

Thanks,

That definitely answers my question, I get it now.  The cl want be added into my util% but as the cards age with the positive balance it will help my AAoA.  I want close the acct until I have been approved through my CU for a better cc with no annual fees, and a better cl.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.