Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my score increase with age?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will my score increase with age?

Currently my Equifax score is 748. My oldest account is 2 years and 9 months and my average account age is 2 years. What I am wondering is, what are the key ages that my score will increase? Will my score increase a little every year based on age or does it increase based on specific intervalls?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

Re: Will my score increase with age?

Only those who at Fair Isaac could accurately answer your question completely (since only they know the formula). However, we can provide some ideas for you. There does appear to be target AAoA and oldest account ages that lead to increased scores (and bucket changes). I believe one is thought to be 2 years (which you have obviously passed). The comments on your MyFico reports will provide some info. Such as high achievers typically have AAoA between 6-12 years. So a 6 year AAoA is likely another milestone. It is also mentioned that high achievers typically have established credit 19 years ago (oldest account 19+ years old).

There are likely intermediate age milestones that I am not familiar with, but others may know. I think hauling may have compiled a set of important age milestones.

Your scores are quite good for someone with a young file. Be patient and always pay on time and you will be rewarded. You may also want to read "credit scoring 101" for additional info on scoring etc.

Cheers 

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 2 of 4
smallfry
Senior Contributor

748 is very good for this profile. Obviously I am no expert on the scoring system but I think there is probably going to be a slow slog up from here. After all even with a perfect mix and no new accounts or inquiries how high can you go with an AAofA of 6 years and oldest account of 7 years? 780 would be my highest WAG.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Currently my Equifax score is 748. My oldest account is 2 years and 9 months and my average account age is 2 years. What I am wondering is, what are the key ages that my score will increase? Will my score increase a little every year based on age or does it increase based on specific intervalls?

Thanks

Yes, with age (and corresponding account history), mix of credit/loan types and good ratios, your score will improve.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.