cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will opening a savings account raise your FICO score?

tag
Madison
Regular Contributor

Will opening a savings account raise your FICO score?

I was wondering if it does. Would it be advisable to open your savings account with the same bank you have your checking account?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Will opening a savings account raise your FICO score?

Nope to raising your FICO score.
Message 2 of 5
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Yes to being a good idea for all of us.  Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I just replied to exactly the same question. As has been said, it does nothing for your FICO, but it does in most cases increase your desirability as a client for the CCC's.

Message Edited by hdj on 10-24-2007 12:58 PM
Message 4 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Don't see why it would make you more attractive to the CCC's, unless your savings are at the bank or CU that issues the CC. Otherwise, how would they even know that you have savings? We list them for mortgages, etc, but I don't remember listing them on a CCC app.

But oh yeah, everyone needs a serious savings account. I'm using a Roth IRA as emergency savings until I can free up some $$$ for a separate regular savings. Right now I'm doing catch-up retirement deductions for the max $20,500 this year, so my take-home from my day job is $272-something every other week, before the $200 Roth deduction. Party on!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.