Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will paying a CO affect my score

tag
nate79416
Regular Contributor

Will paying a CO affect my score

if they are updating monthly, if I pay and it updates as paid will my score take a hit? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will paying a CO affect my score

If you are sure the debt is belong to you , Do this, call them up and negotiate the debt, tell them that you are going to pay, but you want the debt to be remove from your credit report, if they agree to make sure the agrrement is written in paper and signed by them before you pay, we call this  ( Pay to Delete) term. i did this

with my CO, they remove the debt from my credit report, and for that reason my score went up 20points thas was last marchSmiley Happy best of luck

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will paying a CO affect my score

Depends on when the item last updated. If it recently updated and you pay it, it wont be that big of a hit but if it is an item that has not updated in over a year and you pay it, it will result in a hit on your score. How much is unknown, depends on what your report looks like and how they have you bucketted.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.