Here is my situation.... I may be looking at a possible move and trying to get a mortgage. At the moment (as of today) my scores were Trans 639, Experian 646 and Equifax 684. I have a house now that I bought on an REC about 7 years ago (we didn't have any for a down and we didn't exactly have wonderful credit histories). Income is around $70k with no outstanding debt (I have a dept. store card, but that is it). If a move isn't happening for us, should I refi? At the moment, we pay 9% (big ouch) but our principal is only $83k on our house. If I do refi to get a lower rate (does anyone know what I would be looking at for that going by credit scores), will it hurt my scores if I decide to go ahead and move in a year and buy a different home, in a different city?