Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will this help my score?

tag
ktl55
Regular Contributor

Will this help my score?

I have been successful in the last 45 days to have collections removed from my CR as follows. I was wondering how will this effect my score. FYI - I had a new collection added 4/2007 to all 3 reports. Will I break even, see an increase or great decline do to the recent collection

EXP

Collection account from 9/23/2005 - Deleted
Collection account from 3/4/2004 - Deleted
Collection account from 7/2006 - Deleted
Collection account from 7/2001 - Deleted

TU
Collection account from 8/2001 - Deleted
Collection account from 6/2006 Deleted
Collection account from 5/2001 - Deleted

Equ - ALL my Hard Inq have been deleted (had 18 in total)

Collection account from 7/2001 - deleted

Thusfar everthing I have disputed has been deleted

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Will this help my score?

Your should see a substancial increase.
Keep in mind, your scores could actually drop in the short term as you lost a lot of account history.

PS.. congrats!
Message 2 of 18
ktl55
Regular Contributor

Thanks. I have 2 more accounts with EQU that I waiting for results on. 1 account came back from the CRA verified but then I disputed it again cause I had proof (cancelled check, 0 bal ltr from OC) that it was paid to the OC. Waiting to hear back from EQU.  I'm excited too............but SOOO scared to check my scores because of that new collection.
Message 3 of 18
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Yea, the new collection certainly does not help.

I like to create a baseline though. Pull them now and then again monthly until your derogs are gone.

Just don't let the baseline discourage you! Sounds like you have already come a long way.

Message 4 of 18
ktl55
Regular Contributor

doesn't myfico charge me for every new score I pull? I pull my credit reports everyday...........just becuase I have nothing else to do but read boards, pull CR and check e-mail............lol

myfico says "buy todays score" I'm trying to keep my CC down..................lol. I figured I'd wait until the end of my investigations before I pull scores again.

Message 5 of 18
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

ktl55 wrote:
doesn't myfico charge me for every new score I pull? I pull my credit reports everyday...........just becuase I have nothing else to do but read boards, pull CR and check e-mail............lol

myfico says "buy todays score" I'm trying to keep my CC down..................lol. I figured I'd wait until the end of my investigations before I pull scores again.

Yep. I monitor my reports with TrueCredit. I only pull my scores on myfico.com periodically or if something has recently changed. Just remember, any score you get that is not from myfico.com is considered FAKO and should be ignored.
Message 6 of 18
ktl55
Regular Contributor

I monitor my CR with TC, Exp and Equ. So the score I got last week from Equ (score watch) is not a true score? I asked that darn CSR if this was a FICo score and she said YES!!
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  I'd love to hear how you got your deletions, and who they were!
Message 8 of 18
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

ktl55 wrote:
I monitor my CR with TC, Exp and Equ. So the score I got last week from Equ (score watch) is not a true score? I asked that darn CSR if this was a FICo score and she said YES!!

Sorry.. EQ is the exception.. EQ and FICO scores are the same.
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the new collection for?
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.