Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will this piss FICO/Chase off?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will this piss FICO/Chase off?

Posted elsewhere that Chase screwed me with new card, brief summary;

Declined my app with two BTs totalling $4500, asked me to pay those cards down myself first.

Did so, sent copies of statements showing checks, and balances at $0

Approved me.

On activation they put the declined BTs through to the now $0 cards, said so sorry, I had to get $ back from the other cards, deposit, pay Chase back. Meanwhile, they reported the new card in 10 days, not 60 as they said, with the almost maxed out balance.

They won't report exedite-report the reversed BTs so now I have maxed out new card and the other two $0 cards don't reflect the neg balances so util shot.

I wanted to do CLI app for a couple of cards as it is August and I had carefully planned expenses to get my util down close to 0% (instead of 50%!)

Chase is going to fax me a letter saying balance is $0 (how verrry nice of them).

I don't think that will do much good with apps, but someone here suggested I fax these to CRAs as 'dispute' of current report. Now, Chase f-up aside, the balance *is* correct and just doesn't reflect my hard work to reverse and get back to $0. Will CRAs flag or be pissed and/or same with Chase (when they get mad they can screw me, when they screw me I can get mad)? Or might this help expedite up date to new balance?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Will this piss FICO/Chase off?

I think I'd call Chase back yet again, thank them for offering to send a letter, and asking that they do an intercycle update of your balance.

They can absolutely do this. Discover once updated twice in the same month, and when I called to ask why on earth, they promptly updated yet a third time, to show the balance at $0 once again.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

You realize you run the risk of losing the tradeline by disputing it? Is this 4500 balance going to ruin all of your other relationships with your other issuers? It seems all these points and utilization problems will be rectified the next time Chase updates. I would be very nice to Chase and ask them to report mid cycle.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
I think I'd call Chase back yet again, thank them for offering to send a letter, and asking that they do an intercycle update of your balance.

They can absolutely do this. Discover once updated twice in the same month, and when I called to ask why on earth, they promptly updated yet a third time, to show the balance at $0 once again.

Thanks, I'll call them back. They told me they could not do that.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smallfry wrote:
You realize you run the risk of losing the tradeline by disputing it? Is this 4500 balance going to ruin all of your other relationships with your other issuers? It seems all these points and utilization problems will be rectified the next time Chase updates. I would be very nice to Chase and ask them to report mid cycle.

I'll call them up and be 'very nice' but it galls me to do so. Yet again I am wasting time I don't have because someone didn't do their job right and won't do more then say 'sorry for the inconvenience'. So I *get* that I need to be 'nice' but it is a pretty stupid way to do business. And THAT is why when you call them, they act like you are putting them out. Why? I didn't mess up and put a BT through that wasn't supposed to be put through. I made a dozen calls to arrange for checks and reversals. I made calls to arrange for BT fee reversals, was told they'd monitor my account and reverse at the right time, never happened. *I* monitored and reminded them. *I* didn't tell me not to worry about my credit, the BT balance wouldn't report for 60 days, go apply for credit, they did. They are the ones who got annoyed and said no we said UP to 60 days.

I'd really like to see a three-strike system for employees; 1 is warning, 2 is salary decrease, 3 is fired. By Law. I started keeping a spreadsheet to see how much time I wasted each week because people or things (built by people) didn't work and I ended up wasting so much time JUST doing that...

So yeah, I'll call up and be nice. But I won't like it. Sorry for the inconvenience....
Message 5 of 8
athensguy
Valued Contributor

You can ask for a mid cycle update, but otherwise I don't think there's anything you can do about it. I wouldn't really worry about it, honestly. If you dispute nothing good will come of it.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You just have to bear in mind that credit reporting operates on a different timescale than we're used to. I've seen changes take nearly three months to percolate through all the layers and reports and various minions and servants of the financial companies.

Galling as it is, patience is a virtue...
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
You just have to bear in mind that credit reporting operates on a different timescale than we're used to. I've seen changes take nearly three months to percolate through all the layers and reports and various minions and servants of the financial companies.

Galling as it is, patience is a virtue...

It's not the CRAs who gall me (this time), I've dealt with the delays and even managed to expedite at times. It is incompetence and sloth and lack of accountability on the part of (this time) the Credit Card company. They made a series of mistakes that have cost me time and effort and possibly money/credit and can/will do nothing except say 'sorry for the inconvenience'. The galling part is having to go hat in hand just to get them to do the slightest thing to fix it. I'll report back tomorrow after speaking to supervisor about doing mid-cycle update. Merci.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.