cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Woah, didn't know pulling CRs could get you banned...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woah, didn't know pulling CRs could get you banned...

"The TU product and TU resellers have starting banning people who pull their reports "too often". Exactly what constitutes "too often" is very unclear, but what's clear is that once banned one cannot easily get back in."

I've been updating my CR on TrueCredit every couple of days to see when a new account gets added and also a couple disputed items fall off and impact. Will they ban me for that?

I also now have Scorewatch (Equifax) and FICO Quarterly Monitoring (Transuinion) so will exessive pulls affect those?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Woah, didn't know pulling CRs could get you banned...

Excessive was for people that pulled daily, when TC felt they had a specific motive for daily pulls trying to over load the credit file. I have not heard of anyone lately being banned as some fought back for being banned, legally or politically.
Message 2 of 11
fused
Moderator Emeritus

This has been known for several months, and I was permanently banned from TC and all the other TU resellers for pulling my reports 3-4 times a week.
Message 3 of 11
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@fused wrote:
This has been known for several months, and I was permanently banned from TC and all the other TU resellers for pulling my reports 3-4 times a week.

I got banned from Truecredit and Chase Identity Protection some time ago. I am pulling Chaseidprotection now and Privacy Matters let me back in free. No idea why. Chaseid is not the same as Chaseidentity.
Message 4 of 11
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I have Chaser IP and have been pulling regularly with no problem.  But I am keeping my fingeres crossed, and have Amex credit secure as well at the moment
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I have TrueCredit, and I was pulling 5-6 x week for several months. I've slowed down quite a bit now, maybe twice a week, but I'm always vaguely surprised when I can get back in.

As pizza said, this seems to have calmed down now. Someone must have finally started listening to the company lawyers.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 11
granny031350
Established Contributor

I went to trucredit this am and now they offer you the option of pulling all 3 or just pulling tu report.  It caught me by surprise.  But now I have it figured out. 
Message 7 of 11
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

Makes me paranoid since I've pulled daily on TU for about a week now lol
Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 8 of 11
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

I've pulled daily since December on TU.  I figured LET them ban me!  Smiley Happy
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 9 of 11
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

lol Smiley Very Happy
Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.