cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Woke up this morning to see my EX jumped 60 pts!

tag
Stryder
Frequent Contributor

Woke up this morning to see my EX jumped 60 pts!

My score 2 days ago on EX was 679...it had just dropped 2 pts from last week. I've been checking things a lot lately, because I have some things going on...3 hp's the past 45 days, 2 new cards, and things are reporting one at a time. The amex just posted my second statement, so I figure it will start showing up over the next few days, so I was waiting for that shoe to drop. My EX 45 days ago was 698. TU 704, EQ 668;  2 days ago EX 679, TU 700, EQ 658

So today I check  and my jaw dropped....739!!! Smiley Surprised I mediately looked through my accounts and my LAST derog was gone!! It wasn't supposed to fall off until November! Please tell me CreditCheckTotal doesn't ever jerk your chain, I've only been with them 2 weeks and they've been accurate so far.

Heres whats left on EX:

4 revolving reporting (no AMEX yet) 7% util

AAoA 4yr 2mos longest 10yr

6 yr perfect payments... Time since late: Never

2 auto, 28k 64% util

no mortgage

TU and EQ have not changed.... I was looking for AMEX to show up today..usually EX hits first, but I'm not quite as worried about the AMEX hitting the boards now! I will be anxiously watching for alerts from 3B...I never thought credit could be exciting! lol I will need to be in the garden until the end of the year just to let the dust settle. I hope it dropping off follows to the other boards (which I'm assuming it will), I'll be doing the "Snoopy Happy Dance" fer sure!Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Woke up this morning to see my EX jumped 60 pts!

100% legit, congrats!

What was the derogatory anyway and are you certain there isn't other stuff in your file?  Both your before and after scores sound a bit low when talking EX FICO 8 to me with what you posted.  I'm still thinking once clean I crack 780 there and my AAOA is less (though unless there's a breakpoint at 4 years we're probably scored equivalently there), my installment utilization is worse... only marked difference is I'm definitely not a thin file, whereas you maybe are.  If that 7% is spread out across all your cards, pretty it up and see where you're at would be my recommendation.

I'll be interested to see what your score does when the Amex gets added.

        
Message 2 of 20
Stryder
Frequent Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

100% legit, congrats!

What was the derogatory anyway and are you certain there isn't other stuff in your file?  Both your before and after scores sound a bit low when talking EX FICO 8 to me with what you posted.  I'm still thinking once clean I crack 780 there and my AAOA is less (though unless there's a breakpoint at 4 years we're probably scored equivalently there), my installment utilization is worse... only marked difference is I'm definitely not a thin file, whereas you maybe are.  If that 7% is spread out across all your cards, pretty it up and see where you're at would be my recommendation.

I'll be interested to see what your score does when the Amex gets added.

The derog was bad...collection agency, $2,400 unpaid, last payment,,,11/09

No other bads, everything clean 6 years

No Mortgage

I rechecked my AAoA and I quoted before the Chase hit...it's now under 4 and the Amex will nock it down to probaly 3yrs.

I am leaving to go out of town now, I will check back in later tonight!

Thanks Revelate

Message 3 of 20
Stryder
Frequent Contributor

Oh yeah... I have a tcl of 14k, $975 is on the sync devil card...cl of $5,300.. paid down $2,300 since Nov 15...all others are pif...Ive cycled 3k thru the chase and pif it yesterday, 1.5k on the amex...pif yesterday. Boa and QS Im not using much now because of flexing the new ones...both at zero

Message 4 of 20
Grafton88
Established Contributor

Congrats on your score increase.  I too have seen jumps like this with my last baddie fell off.

Was this derog also listed on the other CRAs?  If so you could see a similar increase in score on those.

Message 5 of 20
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Stryder wrote:

My score 2 days ago on EX was 679...it had just dropped 2 pts from last week. I've been checking things a lot lately, because I have some things going on...3 hp's the past 45 days, 2 new cards, and things are reporting one at a time. The amex just posted my second statement, so I figure it will start showing up over the next few days, so I was waiting for that shoe to drop. My EX 45 days ago was 698. TU 704, EQ 668;  2 days ago EX 679, TU 700, EQ 658

So today I check  and my jaw dropped....739!!! Smiley Surprised I mediately looked through my accounts and my LAST derog was gone!! It wasn't supposed to fall off until November! Please tell me CreditCheckTotal doesn't ever jerk your chain, I've only been with them 2 weeks and they've been accurate so far.

Heres whats left on EX:

4 revolving reporting (no AMEX yet) 7% util

AAoA 4yr 2mos longest 10yr

6 yr perfect payments... Time since late: Never

2 auto, 28k 64% util

no mortgage

TU and EQ have not changed.... I was looking for AMEX to show up today..usually EX hits first, but I'm not quite as worried about the AMEX hitting the boards now! I will be anxiously watching for alerts from 3B...I never thought credit could be exciting! lol I will need to be in the garden until the end of the year just to let the dust settle. I hope it dropping off follows to the other boards (which I'm assuming it will), I'll be doing the "Snoopy Happy Dance" fer sure!Smiley Very Happy

Congratulations Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 20
Stryder
Frequent Contributor

Yes,all,3....TU & EQ are always 3 or 4 Days behind EX.... so i am anxious to see what happens!
Message 7 of 20
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

^ Same with me - EX updates before EQ and TU. Just not sure of actual lag time.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!! My last baddie dropped on EX too this morning I got that score jump albeit not as high, 44 points but it looks like your profile is hot now. You are in the same boat as me, now EX is my highest, let's both hop EQ and TU has some sense and does the same jump lol. Congrats again Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 20
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Congrats, Stryder. I remember how exciting it was when my reports were getting cleaned up. 

And then the day the final baddie fell off was like.....BAM!

Enjoy the fun and perks that can from with your new scores and clean reports. 

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.