Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Woo Hoo +113 !!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woo Hoo +113 !!!!

At end of June, paid off $25000 in debt.  (Still more to go.)  But, thanks to this board, I also learned some tips I could use to work with a CCC to erase a nasty recent baddy.

Between the paydown and the removal of the baddie, my EQ score went from 596 to 709!  Thanks to the group for your help.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Woo Hoo +113 !!!!

*jaw drops*

Congrats!

Message 2 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

That is one serious "Woohoo"!!!

Awesome work.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 7
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

That's wonderful.  Congratulations!
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 4 of 7
rom828
Established Contributor

Super congrats, Born!!Smiley Very Happy   That's what I'd  call a BIG improvement!!  WOW WOW WOW!!

I gotta tell you, I cannot even imagine having $25000 in debt, much less paying that much off and still having more,  so I am even more blown away that you conquered a mountain that high! 

You should really be proud of yourself for an achievement of this magnitude, and  you have my utmost respect.

I'm sure after the hard work and sacrifice necessary to eradicate that amount of debt, you'll be a PIFer hence forth!!!Smiley Happy

GOOD JOB!!!!!!!!

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all!  To be honest, my score actually increased 146 points.  It was interesting that the baddie that appeared in May, reduced 30 more points in June when it was not removed.  Something in the scoring algorithm must account for the possibility that a one-time occurrence is bad.  But if it stays for a month, it's even worse.

I still have more debt to pay down.  But, I looked at the auto and mortgage interest rates I am eligible for with my current score versus my old score, and I really see the value of clearing up your credit history before approaching potential creditors.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is awesome!!!! Way to go!!  *MAJOR pats on back! 
Message Edited by jennyj on 08-11-2009 04:05 PM
Message Edited by jennyj on 08-11-2009 04:06 PM
[Edited; profanity, including not-very-subtly disguised profanity, is not permitted on the FICO forums.]
Message Edited by Lel on 08-11-2009 10:13 PM
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.