cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would I be able to get another credit card with a 645 score?

tag
dlm0820
Contributor

Would I be able to get another credit card with a 645 score?

I'm asking because I would like to have another card showing on my credit report.  I have had one for three years now and have gradually been getting credit increases so i'm up to $1,000 now.  I do have some late pays, but they are all over 3 years old.  The oldest collection I have is from 2 years ago, and I just recently paid a new one that showed up on my report.  I also have a car loan that I started about 6 months ago and have been paying on time.

Does anyone know if I would be able to get another card with my score and the payment history that I have?  My wife and I are looking to buy a house next year and having another line of credit would really help.  If only to get my score up.  Paying on time all these months hasn't really raised my score any, and I always make sure to keep the balance on the card below 25%.

I know I'm asking a lot with a little bit of information, but any replies are appreciated.

Thanks.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Despite popular belief you should be able to obtain anoth...

Despite popular belief you should be able to obtain another credit card.  Majority of the population appears to be scoring in this area at the present moment.  You may not get the most attractable interest rate, though.
Message 2 of 4
dlm0820
Contributor

Thanks.  I don't carry any significant balances so the in...

Thanks.  I don't carry any significant balances so the interest rate wouldn't be a problem for me.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have a better chance of getting additional offers fro...

You have a better chance of getting additional offers from the pre approvals you receive through hte mail, those will probably be the most favorable as well. The FICO scoring model on this site is generally not the one sold to CC issuers so your Credit Crd industry may be higher than you think as the website model is for mortgages.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.