cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would adding DF as an AU help him? (And vice versa)

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Would adding DF as an AU help him? (And vice versa)

Interesting use of the term "AU" !

That does not look and smell like an AU duck to me.

It quacks like their way of using the nomer of AU to get another liable party on the account as, in effect, a joint account holder that they can come after should things go sour.

I bet they report the ECOA code on that "AU account" to read joint, not AU.

I am not saying that it is bad, as many would love to be added as a joint account holder without having to open a new account with a new date opened.

But legally it would appear to become a joint account, not an AU account.

Message 11 of 12
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Would adding DF as an AU help him? (And vice versa)

I will play the bad guy here and say that you should not do this.  This is what Suzie Orman would call an example of how helping is hurting.  Show him by your good example, how being a PIF'r is the way to go.  Also if he made you an AU on his card and then maxed it out, would not that hurt your credit?

Back in my credit dark ages, all my cards were maxed out and yet I still wanted more.  I am 100% certain if I knew about AU back then and knew being added to someone's CC could raise my FICO score and lower my util to get more credit I really didn't need, I would have done so in a New York minute.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.