cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would collections dispute remove listing from credit report?

tag
muumike
Regular Contributor

Would collections dispute remove listing from credit report?

Hey all:

I pulled my Experian report last night out of curiosity to see how I have been coming along. Currently at 697 (up quite a bit in the past 18 months - woohoo), but I had a question after looking at my report.

Under my accounts, it still lists my BoA credit card as follow:

Unpaid balance reported as a loss by credit grantor with a balance of $0 - This is a 4 year old Collection

However, the collection is not showing on report. Now, I know for a fact that it's been on my report in the past (earlier this year when I had score watch for my Equifax) and I had it disputed for an inaccurate amount reported way before that. I did notice though that under Accounts, it lists BoA again showing that the listing is under dispute.

Any thoughts on this?? Would they remove the collection all of the sudden, even though I disputed this over a year ago? I'm pretty sure it still shows on other reports - Credit Karma lists it still FWIW.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
muumike
Regular Contributor

Re: Would collections dispute remove listing from credit report?

Bump!

Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Maybe they decided to stop reporting to EX? Maybe it's in the process of being deleted and that's why it's still on TU (TU is always slow)? Or maybe they sold the debt and it's in the process of deletion?

Message 3 of 5
muumike
Regular Contributor

Its owned by CACH LLC and I just received an annual privacy policy from them in the mail around two weeks ago. Out of all companies, I don't think CACH would resell.

Who knows what is happening though. Is it strange for an account to be in dispute for that long?
Message 4 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@muumike wrote:

Is it strange for an account to be in dispute for that long?

It's not uncommon for an OC to perpetually list the TL as under dispute. I had a baddie with an auto loan back in the day. Each time I sent a GW they added a dispute comment and that comment would remain for several months, regardless of my GW progress, then it would disappear. Then I'd send another GW and they would re-list it as disputed. I used that to my advantage per FICO.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.