Valued Member
dallas01

Wow Fako score went up and I'm still waiting for a Scorewatch alert

I'm pretty excited that my fako score went up 25 points when my BOA card reported. I still havn't got a scorewatch alert! New Account added, Score change, etc.

Anyway I havn't got a True Credit alert also so maybe it just takes awhile. Anyway I'm pretty happy at least it went up and not down.
Regular Contributor
dekrist

Re: Wow Fako score went up and I'm still waiting for a Scorewatch alert

I think alerts generate within 24 hours at least thats my experience with true credit. MyFico is usually a couple days after then i get alert. Congrats on score bumpage.
New Visitor
April123

I paid the yearly fee and haven't had an update since last Christmas. Is this thing for real. I use my credit cards, pay them off. Apply for other loans, and still have not had an update.
Valued Contributor
jaybee

April123,
Maybe you should check your junk mail or call customer service. I have only had the service for a little over a month and have already received three alerts.
If at first you don't succeed... hang up and try again!!
Regular Contributor
dekrist

or check score alert settings
Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

dallas01 wrote:
I'm pretty excited that my fako score went up 25 points when my BOA card reported. I still havn't got a scorewatch alert! New Account added, Score change, etc.

Anyway I havn't got a True Credit alert also so maybe it just takes awhile. Anyway I'm pretty happy at least it went up and not down.

The good news is you may get a score change from the new card, the bad news is that you may not.  Let me clarify.  Depending on the number of cards open, the history, and other factors a new account can initially lower your FICO score, raise your FICO score or cause no change (trust me as I eagerly anticipated at least some increase from a new card as it reflected on FAKO).  To my hurt and dismay, the only thing I got was an alert of a new accoutn, no score increase whatsover.  It did take three days from the time the FAKO update before SW deemed it necessary to give me a buzz.

Valued Member
dallas01

Brammy, What I left out is its a Boa card thats got 3 years history 11,000 limit never late. I opened 2 small credit cards myself and they haven't reported yet. I do look for a points deduction for those.

I've been looking at my scores and they're pretty sad

EQ=518 without the BOA card or my other 2 reporting.
EXPERIAN= 569 with no credit besides Collections and a BK in 2002 dismissed.

I thought the 569 was pretty high with not 1 postive TL
Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

dallas01 wrote:
Brammy, What I left out is its a Boa card thats got 3 years history 11,000 limit never late. I opened 2 small credit cards myself and they haven't reported yet. I do look for a points deduction for those.

I've been looking at my scores and they're pretty sad

EQ=518 without the BOA card or my other 2 reporting.
EXPERIAN= 569 with no credit besides Collections and a BK in 2002 dismissed.

I thought the 569 was pretty high with not 1 postive TL

Now that makes a difference.  Don't be too down about the scores, Mine were there not too long ago. They stayed there because I didn't know how to get them up.  You're ahead of the game:smileyvery-happy:

creditworries

Sorry to just jump in here but, what's FAKO??
Regular Contributor
KDM

What did you do to bring up your scores, if I may ask?  I'm new to this board.  In fact, I just found out about it today, and I think it's great.  Perfect for people, like myself, who are rebuilding.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+