Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yeah! The GW letter worked!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah! The GW letter worked!

You may remember I posted about the agency phoning on yesterday while I was not home and when I returned they were already closed for the day apparently. So I anxiously awaited to phone them this morning and after phoning twice I finally got through. They were so kind and told me they were only calling to let me know that they'd contacted the bureaus and had the item removed from my reports. I was so excited!!!! I also asked them if they could write me a letter stating the same just so I could have 'proof' it was done or if it somehow 'magically' reappeared on my reports later. They said they would. Really, I am just so happy! I am sure they were so nice because they item was paid in full. I paid them as soon as I found out about it. I had a good experience with them. It's still unbelievable to me and I didn't even know about GW letters prior to coming here. I can't wait until it is updated on my reports! This was the only negative on my report! I cant' wait to have the 'ugly' thing completely off! YEAH! You can't imagine how I am feeling right now! My FICO'S are: 668EQ, 652EX, 652TU , I also sent in 2500 to pay down my CC bill (we have 15,000 CL on our cc and had 3700 charged on it). So these two things combined should truly elevate my scores a little. I HOPE!! I'm also going to apply for another card once I see my score results. Love this board!

Message Edited by indyfree on 07-25-2007 09:36 AM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Yeah! The GW letter worked!

That is good. Always good to get it in writing. Now when it comes off the reports, you will be jumping for joy.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Yeah! The GW letter worked!

Excited for you!!!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE--Re: Yeah! The GW letter worked! UPDATE

I just wanted to add that I was told by the CA that this item would be deleted after I disputed the items on my report. They also sent me a letter today stating that they would remove the items. I must have misunderstood them over the phone because I thought they'd already contacted the bureaus to remove the item. However, they instructed me to dispute the items at the three credit bureaus and that once those items are disputed they would be notified by the bureaus within a few days. They stated that at that time they would respond and have the item removed from my reports immediately. I've already disputed with the bureaus. I should get emails in a few days letting me know the results of the investigations. I'm just going to wait for these items to fall off. YEAH! I didn't know I'd have to dispute the items before they removed them. I guess this is how their agency handles these matters and it looks as if they handle them often because along with the personal letter they sent to me..they sent a standard form of how they handle such matters (dispute-remove items). That's wonderful I think. I'm just happy they sent me the letter stating they would remove the item! They even told me to call them if I had any more questions regarding this matter. A direct number to a direct person. I love that. They are wonderful people. Even the letter they sent back to me was so kind. It's my first time having to deal with a CA. I thought I'd have a terrible experience but I'm pleased to say that these people have just been the best all the way through in handling this matter.

Message Edited by indyfree on 07-27-2007 02:38 PM
Message 4 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: UPDATE--Re: Yeah! The GW letter worked! UPDATE

Super!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am very happy and I want to thank you for all of your advice Tuscany. The GW letters really do work. I was skeptical at first but wow..it's really that 'easy'. I would never had known about this letter if I had not come here.
Message 6 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

My Pleasure!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.