cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your religon or eithnic packground has a FICO Impact?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Your religon or eithnic packground has a FICO Impact?!

My first name is Robert...

Shouldn't my scores be higher??

That's it, I'm sending DISPUTE letters to TU, EX and EQ TODAY
Message 11 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

EYE WIDE SHOT!!

Ctrob!! "

My first name is Robert...

Shouldn't my scores be higher??"

That was funny. Okay, May be you are the A person. hahahaha

Okay, all what I said that if you are on the other side of the coin, how would you feel.

All others;

Okay you guys missed the question completely. The question is should the FICO be determined by your name and it's origin?

In the term of is it or not??? Will there is a debates that are arising from weather it is or not. It had been sighted that it is!!

Again you guys have missed the whole point here... You guys got have to start reading again.... It is that person B will get a larger hit than A, however, if there is no hit to be taken, then B and A are equal.

Okay, let me give a real life example, Person B has a very high at  the Vantage scoring system- used by the EX www.vantagescore.com/- in which he scored 950 out 990. However, he is 648 on his FICO from EX. how can you explain such??? Same credit, same person, same time pulled, same everything. I would understand the difference between the two system if he scored 750 on his FICO or even 700. In which put him in upper national quintile on the Vantage and two levels down on the FICO, But when it is 6 levels down on the FICO. There is some thing dramatically wrong here. Can we really say that it is that FICO treats inquires differently? even if it is, still would not create this huge differences. By the way, his credit history of over 15 years, he has only one delinquency of $30. For sure without getting in details, his credit history is one of the best I have seen. Ex couldn't explain the problem. they claimed that it is not them thatr control the FICO, so who does????.

Still don't see a problem, may be an other example, A person who has a joint account with someone, whom had a mid. Eastern name. Again a perfect credit with Vantage. One of the highest. She has one late of $23 reported for a credit card. Dropped her FICO be 125 points in less than one day. I'm talking about over 36 years of great history. Had she not established credit with that person, she would have saved herself????

Are these story just an individual problem that can't be everyone's. Or are we having to deal with one eye wide shut to a problem???? that is the question here. For sure there is a lot more stories I heard about the FICO system. Is it discrimination? or is it just a computer error? is it just a misunderstanding of credit reporting on our side, or is it the FICO has failed to be a dependable score to really show the real credit worthiness, and institutes must look for a better substitute (I think some are already, but can't confirm)?

Message 12 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got an email worning. My Fico just dropped by 16 point since the first post. Okay I get the massage. I'll stop posting

Message 13 of 45
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

FICO_Guy wrote:
I just got an email worning. My Fico just dropped by 16 point since the first post. Okay I get the massage. I'll stop posting

What a relief.  That saves me excoriating your previous post  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 14 of 45
SoulSmilen
Regular Contributor

FICO_Guy wrote:

LMAOOOOOO
So now you're going to try and make us believe your score changed because of your unfounded and outrageous 'expose'?

I think you should consider seeing a psychologist for paranoia.

Message Edited by SoulSmilen on 07-04-2007 02:26 PM
Message 15 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does your race affect your FICO? No...and perhaps yes.

The FICO formula itself is color-blind. You can be the whitest Norwegian or the darkest Tanzanian, and it doesn't give a hoot one way or the other. It's a numbers game. Your name only serves to identify you to the system, nothing more. You're not going to gain points for having the name "John Smith" or lose them for being "Leroy Brown" or "Consuela Perez." To think otherwise is paranoia...or at least shows ignorance of the scoring system.

However, race in America is correlated with economic status, at least when considering aggregate numbers. As a statistical cohort, whites tend to be wealthier than blacks. And, since FICO basically measures your ability to pay bills, and paying bills is easier when you're wealthy, I think a prima facie case could be made that credit scores are indirectly affected by the skin color of the consumer being scored--again, at the cohort, not the individual level.
Message 16 of 45
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

TheNewWorldMan wrote:
As a statistical cohort, whites tend to be wealthier than blacks. And, since FICO basically measures your ability to pay bills, and paying bills is easier when you're wealthy, I think a prima facie case could be made that credit scores are indirectly affected by the skin color of the consumer being scored--again, at the cohort, not the individual level.

Equally they are affected by youth (short credit history) and bt recent immigration (ditto).

But that is the name of the game.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 17 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Errr... I'm a little confused why some of the posters with experience and who have posted helpful information previously and on other threads chose to belittle and make fun of this person's questions even if they are apparent misconceptions?  Not to be rude to the OP but from reading the original post it seems that there is a language barrier.  Maybe s/he didn't know how to quite phrase the question or concern regarding how race and religion may affect our FICO score?  I know when I first started reading this website it took me a while to find that information.  Considering that so many things in our lives are affected by race or religion - at least de facto, even if not de jure - it's not surprising that someone could believe that it would be the same in the realm of credit scores.  Anyone who contributes to this forum might consider probing for understanding and then educating first, leaving dismissive and biting humor for it's appropriate venue.
Message 18 of 45
SoulSmilen
Regular Contributor

alixwooten wrote:
Errr... I'm a little confused why some of the posters with experience and who have posted helpful information previously and on other threads chose to belittle and make fun of this person's questions even if they are apparent misconceptions?  Not to be rude to the OP but from reading the original post it seems that there is a language barrier.  Maybe s/he didn't know how to quite phrase the question or concern regarding how race and religion may affect our FICO score?  I know when I first started reading this website it took me a while to find that information.  Considering that so many things in our lives are affected by race or religion - at least de facto, even if not de jure - it's not surprising that someone could believe that it would be the same in the realm of credit scores.  Anyone who contributes to this forum might consider probing for understanding and then educating first, leaving dismissive and biting humor for it's appropriate venue.

I don't see any evidence of a language barrier at all, not sure why you think that.

But c'mon... insinuating that his score dropped 15 points after receiving a warning letter for the post?
LOL.. FICO is a scoring system, not the Mafia!
Message 19 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think they react strongly because (rightly or wrongly) they smell a troll.
Message 20 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.