Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero point increase after lowering UTI

tag
JMCB
Regular Contributor

Zero point increase after lowering UTI

Well I recently opened a new account raising my overall credit limit and also paid down on some debt. Went from 43% to 26% UTI. I was expecting at least a few point increase. This was from Experian from CCT. I'll have to wait 3 weeks to find out about Transunion and Equifax to see if they go up. Maybe I'll see an increase when I drop down under 10%.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Zero point increase after lowering UTI

you may have been partially dinged for the new account and the uti bump masked it. You'll definitely get a bonus for uti going down even further, especially at 20%, beyond that it also matters how your balances are spread across your cards. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

you may have been partially dinged for the new account and the uti bump masked it. You'll definitely get a bonus for uti going down even further, especially at 20%, beyond that it also matters how your balances are spread across your cards. 

Exactly - that can make a HUGE difference.

Message 3 of 4
JMCB
Regular Contributor

Ya, I was thinking it was possibly the new account that might have countered the UTI decrease. And I have one card that is maxed out at 100% which basically is all of my reported debt. But it's not my debt. I am a cosigner on the card from about 10 years ago. If it wasnt for this card, I would be at a 1% UTI. I dont have much choice except to get my credit limits up and lower my overall UTI which is now at 25%

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.