Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accidental charge on my report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

accidental charge on my report

i got a mysterious $249 charge on my credit recently. i finally found out it is from my old apartment and it was sent to fair credit and outsourcing. i contacted my old apartment and they said they requested the creditor remove it because it was sent in error. they put it on my credit anyway. i have now called a second time after it was supposedly removed. my old apartments keep asking the creditor to remove it because it was an error. once i get this removed, will my score go back up? i have no bad info and this dropped my score from 750 to 550. once it is removed, shouldn't it go back up? if not, what do i do, sue?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: accidental charge on my report

You need to go see the apartment building managers in person, if you can, and get it in writing that this was an error and that it should be removed from your CRs. You should do this yesterday. You also need to DV the CA, who is reporting the error, so that it gets removed.

Assuming that is the only reason why you lost 200 points, and all else remains equal, you should get your points back, yes.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: accidental charge on my report

Ditto to Byrdman. And to add, IMO, I don't think the CA alone caused that drop. I bet there is something else going on. I do believe though that a good majority (guessing 120-150) of those points lost are from the CA. Though I certainly could be wrong.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.