Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account listed twice

tag
Maya12
Valued Member

account listed twice

Should an account be list twice on your credit report. I have one Merrick account and one capital one account but each are listed twice.

Making my total of account more than they are??

01/10 TU 677, EQ 497,
01/08 TU 556, EQ 574, EXP 602
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
bigtim
Frequent Contributor

Re: account listed twice

@Maya12 wrote:

Should an account be list twice on your credit report. I have one Merrick account and one capital one account but each are listed twice.

Making my total of account more than they are??

If this is from a Scorewatch (Equfiax) alert, disregard - it is a glitch in SW and the duplicate accounts will not be on your EQ report or have any effect on your score. I'm hoping they'll fix this soon.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Cards:
12/2012 - Discover (ICL 3,375 CLI to 5,375 05/2014)
12/2013 - Chase Freedom (ICL 3,500 ACLI to 4,500 07/2014)
03/2012 - Gander Mountain MC (WFNNB) 7,000 CL
04/2012 - Ace Rewards Visa (US Bank) 12,000 CL
Back to gardening for a year or two
Message 2 of 7
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I have never had a duplicate account appear on a Score Power report. When did this error crop up?
Message 3 of 7
bigtim
Frequent Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
I have never had a duplicate account appear on a Score Power report. When did this error crop up?

It's not on the reports - on the SW alerts. It's been covered in a few threads now. I've had it happen several times, no big deal, just annoying. My alert on 1/10 shows a duplicate, but my most recent alert does not - maybe it's finally fixed.
Recent Cards:
Message 4 of 7
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

A couple of months ago we had our AmEx show up twice on a Score Watch alert.

Last month our PenFed VISA showed up twice.

Very irritating.

Message 5 of 7
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

bigtim wrote:

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

It's not on the reports - on the SW alerts. It's been covered in a few threads now. I've had it happen several times, no big deal, just annoying. My alert on 1/10 shows a duplicate, but my most recent alert does not - maybe it's finally fixed.

That's exactly the point. The problem with duplicate/multiple ScoreWatch alerts has been going on for a while now.

The OP's question related to duplicate accounts "reporting" and that's a different or ambiguous issue.

Message 6 of 7
bigtim
Frequent Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

bigtim wrote:

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

That's exactly the point. The problem with duplicate/multiple ScoreWatch alerts has been going on for a while now.

The OP's question related to duplicate accounts "reporting" and that's a different or ambiguous issue.

But there was nothing ambiguous about my reply. It begins, "If this is from a Scorewatch (Equfiax) alert...", which to clarify, means that if it wasn't from a Scorewatch alert, then disregard the rest of my post... However, since this is an ongoing and common issue - double listing on SW alerts - I assume this was likely the OP's issue anyway, and not actually duplicate listings on reports.

Either way it's pretty simple - IF from Scorewatch alert - read on. IF NOT - disregard.

Recent Cards:
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.