Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

almost all debt paid off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

almost all debt paid off

hey everyone,
over the past month I have paid off all loans except my mortgage. I wiped out about 30,000 in debt from 5 accounts. My question is how long does this to report to my credit reports showing a zero balance. Thanks.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

simulation

I just did a simulation and it said my score will go to 739. Im assuming the credit companies report at the end of the month.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would be logical to see a significant score increase,...

It would be logical to see a significant score increase, since you are probably dropping your utilization percentage substantially.  Might take a few months to percolate through the system, but yes, it does sound plausible.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most companies report a few days after your closing date....

Most companies report a few days after your closing date. HSBC reports at the end of the month for everyone, I think.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is a simulation?

I have read people's posts about doing simulations, what is it and where can I get it?  Also, is it free for do I have to pay for it.  I paid the $90 to view my fico score yearly.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is a simulation?

Hey,

I am new here. Can you give me info on the FICO simulator. Also....if I am doing just the trial for 30 days am I still able to view my Fico scores?
Thanks!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: almost all debt paid off

Seb - Wow, congrats on wiping out $30k in debt!  How did you do it?
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: almost all debt paid off

I paid off 2 cards, totalling about $11,000.00 dollars, both at the same time, back in Feb. It took about a month to reflect, but my scores shot up about 95 points in a month. And they are still rising. EX- 800 EQ- 781 TU- 774 I just contracted my first house and close on June 15th. Cant wait. I would also like to thank everyone on this board for giving helpfull suggestions and advice.
Message 8 of 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What is a simulation?

babyduck wrote:
Hey,

I am new here. Can you give me info on the FICO simulator. Also....if I am doing just the trial for 30 days am I still able to view my Fico scores?
Thanks!

Yea... The SW trial includes your EQ FICO score. You should see a link for the simulator there as well.

You can also use the FICO simulator from: http://www.bankrate.com/brm/fico/calc.asp
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.