Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

am I overthinking this?

tag
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: am I overthinking this?

Once the balances are reported, the point change is made, if there is going to be a point change.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK one other question

I had a $37K HELOC which was incorrectly showed as still open but with no reported information for almost 2 years....... that's because it was actually paid off and closed

I got that reported as closed, paid, zero balance, never late

Somebody said that my score could actually go DOWN because of that

Trans Union and Experian both list "Lack of recent installment loan information" as the #4 ding on my account so I figure that getting this updated and reported correctly should help not hurt?

I do have one other installment loan (car) I have paid off over the years

when they consider "credit mix" is it only OPEN accounts or do they look at all of your accounts in good standing

the only OPEN accounts I have right now are 5 CCs and my mortgage......

I REALLY need 14 points on either TU or EX *LOL*

Message 12 of 14
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

FICO scoring likes to see a mix of credit, so lack of recent installment loans is a negative, not a positive. That HEL being reported as open was helping your score. I have a HEL that I closed four years ago. I recently checked my full EQ report, and it is listed as open. I will not say anything to upset that applecart. It can report that way for the next 50 years if it wants. **walks away whistling**

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

well I could be screwed then Smiley Sad

The reason I corrected it is because it showed an outstanding balance of $37K with no report in almost 2 years

So two of the CRA's were dinging me for it (lack of recent information)

I guess what it's really all going to boil down to is how much the CA will hit me for

My wife and I have essentially the same "stuff" except for the CA in October and that HELOC

and I got an additional CC 3 years ago

she's at 800.............. I'm at 686

then there's the whole bucket thing *lol*

oh well...... it'll be interesting to find out in a week or two

please please please give me14 pointsSmiley Wink

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.