Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amount of debt GREAT??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

amount of debt GREAT??

Does anyone have the "amount of debt" graphic say great? 
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: amount of debt GREAT??

I have that on both my TU and EQ reports:

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have a low percentage of outstanding debt? no outstanding debt?  installment or revolving?

Thanks for any helpSmiley Happy 

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you have a low percentage of outstanding debt? no outstanding debt?  installment or revolving?

Thanks for any helpSmiley Happy 

On EQ, I'll receive "Great" when my ratio of revolving balances to credit limits is 5% or less. 

I really can't tell you what happens on TU.  I have 3 high credit line cards that aren't factored into my utilization on this report, and my ratio of revolving balances to credit limits generally stays at 1%.

I always make certain to show a revolving balance of at least $7 each month.  I have no installment debt. 

Message Edited by psychic on 11-01-2008 12:17 PM
Message 4 of 18
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I am very good on TU and EQ with less than 5% revolving credit balance
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I generally have very good with under 3 percent utility. I believe an installment loan with a utility percentage over a cetain level will keep you from great even though you are not really losing many points.
Message 6 of 18
MattH
Senior Contributor

For me it always cites my PERCENT utilization of revolving credit as a positive factor, but gives number of accounts showing balances and total of revolving balances as negative factors, because my wife and I are heavy convenience users with high limits -- we carry very little cash and always pay in full.  I could easily pay down the balances before statement day to bump my scores, but don't really see the need since I rarely apply for credit and have never been turned down.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MattH wrote:

For me it always cites my PERCENT utilization of revolving credit as a positive factor, but gives number of accounts showing balances and total of revolving balances as negative factors, because my wife and I are heavy convenience users with high limits -- we carry very little cash and always pay in full.  I could easily pay down the balances before statement day to bump my scores, but don't really see the need since I rarely apply for credit and have never been turned down.

MattH--

must learn to be more like you! 

I'm always concerned about how many of my accounts will show balances on closing dates.  I won't even grocery shop 2 days before my closing dates, because I'm afraid the charge will post and I won't have time to PIF before the statement closes. 

Message 8 of 18
marty56
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I generally have very good with under 3 percent utility. I believe an installment loan with a utility percentage over a cetain level will keep you from great even though you are not really losing many points.

I wondred about that.  I have CC debt from 0% to 9% and I always showed Very Good.  my mortgage is 5 years old and my car loan is 5 months old  so I wondered if it look at them as well.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 9 of 18
GFer
Valued Contributor

@marty56 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I wondred about that.  I have CC debt from 0% to 9% and I always showed Very Good.  my mortgage is 5 years old and my car loan is 5 months old  so I wondered if it look at them as well.

I think you are to something, because I only had 2 cards report balances: 1 = 1% and the other below 9% (of 8 revolving cards). The only other debt I have is student loan at 20k. On all three amount of debt is 'Very Good'.

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.