Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone know why I would get a 4 pt

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

anyone know why I would get a 4 pt

score drop from equifax when one of my cards goes from 0 balance to 433.00, when my util is still under 20%. This makes no sense to me. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: anyone know why I would get a 4 pt

How many cards do you have?

How many are reporting a balance?

There are several recent threads on balances reporting on more than 1 multiple cards "may" effect your score.

Here was my personal experience with EQ earlier in the year and reporting on more than one card.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO​-Scoring/Utilization-Percentage-question/m-p/4092...

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 cards, 2 reporting balance, all under 20%

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's right in line with my experiences as detailed in the link above. Lots of discussion about reporting a balance on more than one card.

Message 4 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

score drop from equifax when one of my cards goes from 0 balance to 433.00, when my util is still under 20%. This makes no sense to me. 

I know it's easy for me to say but a four point movement is really nothing to be concerned with.

It's normal for scores to move up and down from month to month. My Discover monthly FICO score never stays the same. It can easily move eight or nine points either direction.

So IMO this is no big deal.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think there is some movement in a negative fashion when utilization goes above 9% and again when it goes over 35% (I think the number was).

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, thanks. I wasn't sweating it since it was a small drop, just wanted to know why it would drop at all. It seem like EQ will drop my score for anything, the others don't do the same.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.