Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

at a stand still

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

at a stand still

I need help.  If all of my credit cards are payed in full and mortgages and car notes are payed on time, why aren't fico scores moving up?

Welcome to the forums, qtpie954!  I moved your thread here so our scoring gurus could see it.  You'll get the best responses on this board. - Scamp

Message Edited by Scamp on 01-27-2009 07:26 PM
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
mymoneynow
Regular Contributor

Re: at a stand still

Are any baddies reporting? Any COs?

Not applicable

what is your length of credit history?

how many negative things are on your credit report?

where is your score now?

what is your utilization?

If you are now paying on time, but have a history of not paying on time, it will take time for this to change.  If your cards are reporting balances at statement time that is a high percentage of your credit limits, you will be dinged for high utlization.  If your history is short, it will take time to get a good long history.  If you have collections, etc. it could be hurting your score. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

At this time there aren't any negative things being reported.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

No high percentages on credit limit  (they are at zero). Credit history is about 15 years old.  There were a couple of late payments on the mortgage about 2 1/2 years ago, along with 2 different lates on cc's due to a car accident.  Letters were sent from my attorney, informing companies of accident and I tried like hell to get lates removed but to no a vale. Now that I am back to work and on track, my score is moving up slowly.  I have however paid two cars off and purchased two more, but everything is on time.  Is there anything else I could do in the mean time?
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scores are 609-592-628
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lates = negatives = lower scores.

You should try to GW the lates or wait until they fall off. Other than that, you can bury those negatives with good stuff. Never be late!

Good luck.

Message 7 of 8
marty56
Super Contributor

I will assume you got your scores here.  What are the comments in your CR about whats hurting youre score.  Also how late where your lates.  What is the %util on your CCCs that is reported on your CR.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.