Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

au account

tag
pkenn
Regular Contributor

au account

ok, heres my question... i have 7-8 cc's ranging from $3000-$16000 limits. three have a balance of 40% or less on them and the ave age is 2-3 years. im also a AU on my wifes  cap one for the past 8 years  which has a $20k limit but she just made a $10k business purchase on it.... so i was wondering everyones thoughts on what would happen if i had her take me off as an AU? would my score dump or go up?  id lose available credit, but debt as well and id lose that older account????

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: au account

What is your overall UTL with and without the wife's card?
What is your current Credit scores?

What is the purpose for improving your score, new credit applying for a loan?

Will the wife's card be paid off soon, and will she continue to use it for large purchases?

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 5
pkenn
Regular Contributor

UTL is about 25% without my wifes card

current scores are 690's

looking for a loan,maybe up my CL'S

She makes big prchases probably 2 times a year and pays them off in a few months.

Message 3 of 5
Cookie2120987
Frequent Contributor

I personally wouldn't worry about it all that much, if she's going to pay it off within a few months it won't hurt you that badly, unless you really want new credit sooner rather than garden a bit until she pays it off
Message 4 of 5
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

as Cookie said, garden work on paying down your credit cards perferably have only one card report with 9% or less. A loan is usually manual review, they will see that you are only a AU on the card and not responsible or you can mention it the account becomes an issue. Lowing your UTL and gardening should get your score over 700 and get you a better APR on the loan. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.