Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

authorized user ..... yes or no??? thats the question

tag
build_it_up
Established Member

authorized user ..... yes or no??? thats the question

hi yall

my question  is my credit history is not good only one year but my wife history is e years longer than mine but im not sure about if she missed payments etc also her cl is only three hundred but balance is zero  now if i be an authorized user and if it drop my fico score can i take my self off the authorized user will my score go up again or i will be stuckk with the authorized user card history??? and please if i didnt explain well ask me 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: authorized user ..... yes or no??? thats the question

Hi build_it_up,,

Welcome!  Glad you're here.

build_it_up wrote:

hi yall

my question  is my credit history is not good only one year but my wife history is e years longer than mine but im not sure about if she missed payments etc also her cl is only three hundred but balance is zero  now if i be an authorized user and if it drop my fico score can i take my self off the authorized user will my score go up again or i will be stuckk with the authorized user card history??? and please if i didnt explain well ask me 

Yes, you can always remove yourself as an AU and the CR's should discontinue reporting the card.  If they don't discontinue, you can dispute the AU account as "not mine" if you have, in fact, removed yourself from the card.  When it's removed, it will no longer be impacting your credit history.

It's always a good idea to pull a credit report and see if there's any baddies on the account before you consider adding yourself as an AU - especially if you're not sure. 

Message 2 of 4
build_it_up
Established Member

sound very good and about right thank you so much for your reply

i appreciate that

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

+1

In being added as an AU, it is important to know whether the account has items of information that will harm your score.

Does it have any old reported derogs or delinquencies?  How old is the card?  What is its current % util?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.