Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

b*/ chopping

tag
samantha1178
Valued Member

b*/ chopping

I have CCT and I have been pulling my reports daily for about 2-3 weeks. I have been reading that this could result in EQ deleting positive accounts. Should I stop pulling my reports daily, and pull them once a week or so? I really don't want to lose my good accounts. I have researched this but I am having trouble finding information.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: b*/ chopping

I've been pulling daily for about a year and never experienced any problems. It is known that excess EQ pulls could result in a split file.
Message 2 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I lost a closed account from EQ early. Smiley Mad It had only been closed for around 4 years or so. It was never on the other two, and now EQ has my shortest AAoA, partly due to this.

That was back in the golden days of TrueCredit, and I was probably pulling 5 times a week.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 5
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Split files with Equifax should become more rare. I have noticed that they only show 1 account review per issuer on my reports now and have for some time. They drop an entry each time I receive an account review from all my issuers. Only the most recent pull shows on the reports. Not legal but I don't care.
Message 4 of 5
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

I noticed EQ chopping my softs about a year ago. They would chop the older soft INQs and deep the newer ones around. They have consistently done this to me for nearly a year now.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.