cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

banker said my 715 FICO was "impossible" with 120+ day late 2 years ago?

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: banker said my 715 FICO was "impossible" with 120+ day late 2 years ago?

Concord, it would be DOFD. So, in your case the DOFD is before 2004 CO date, its when the account first went 30 days past due.
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fused wrote:
Concord, it would be DOFD. So, in your case the DOFD is before 2004 CO date, its when the account first went 30 days past due.

This has gotten me so confused. Not that I doubt what you are saying because it only makes since our dates would coincide with how they are supposed to fall off. However  I know  on my reports when it says you have a recent late 3 years 11 months ago , the date is referring to  is the last time it was reported late, which in my case is later than what it would be if it  was my DOFD. Or in my case in Texas my date of last payment.  I'm pretty sure this is the date they are using me to svcore me by , because of the comment .   Does it use both things for scoring?
Message 12 of 16
smo65d11
Regular Contributor

so then if I get rebucketed, I could drop how many points?  20?  50?  more?

I don't know what my TU/EXP are, last time I checked them they were in the 670-680's with an old PIF collection from 6 years ago showing, so I was hoping it would jump over 700 when that dropped, but now everyone has me scared!

I thought that my scores would qualify me to be able to refinance, and that doesn't seem to be the case.  I have more than 50% equity in my 2 properties and decent FICOs, and no one will touch me, presumably because of the lates.  Any idea from anyone as to how many years from those BAD derogs should someone be able to help me?

I was holding off refinancing my car until I was able to refinance my homes (to prevent hurting my AAoA and Inquiries), but should I just go and try to refi the car? I am paying 16% interest and am sure with 715 scores I can do a lot better now.  Any thoughts? 

Message 13 of 16
Guardian
Valued Contributor

There is really no way to know where a bucket will place you when it comes to your score. Its almost like a crap shoot as you don't know how the rest of the cohorts in the bucket are doing until you are in it.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smo65d11 wrote:

so then if I get rebucketed, I could drop how many points?  20?  50?  more?

I don't know what my TU/EXP are, last time I checked them they were in the 670-680's with an old PIF collection from 6 years ago showing, so I was hoping it would jump over 700 when that dropped, but now everyone has me scared!

I thought that my scores would qualify me to be able to refinance, and that doesn't seem to be the case.  I have more than 50% equity in my 2 properties and decent FICOs, and no one will touch me, presumably because of the lates.  Any idea from anyone as to how many years from those BAD derogs should someone be able to help me?

I was holding off refinancing my car until I was able to refinance my homes (to prevent hurting my AAoA and Inquiries), but should I just go and try to refi the car? I am paying 16% interest and am sure with 715 scores I can do a lot better now.  Any thoughts? 

Have you tried sending GW letters for your recent mortage lates or calling & asking if they could be removed? Then you would have an excellent score without the negative info showing.  If your 6 year old paid collection falls off , you could be much higher. Thats the main difference I see on my Equifax & transunion , Ex.  If my 6 year old paid charge off disapears before yours, I'll let you know.  Credit Unions have some great rates & tend to use equifax, so I would call & get some rates & tell them your score . Depending on what you have & what you owe it may be hard anyways if your value has went down according to what you owe. We were going to refinance our truck after our house purchase & checked to see if we wanted to know & eventhough I'm like 3 months ahead , I'm still like 3,000 upside down. I hope its not the case with you but before letting someone run your credit, I'd try to get all the facts. Good luck.
Message 15 of 16
smo65d11
Regular Contributor

I have, when I call they say they don't ever remove lates except for sometimes one 30 day for a longtime customer, and when I write they just send me a copy of the rejection letter they sent me the first time I asked last year.  I mail and call every 2 weeks, and have started also sending to the CEO directly via email and mail.

They actually just sold my loan last week so I wonder if now that I am not their client, they might be less likely to respond if I dispute it?  Any thoughts on that?

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.