Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

being added as an authorized user

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

being added as an authorized user

So I know being added to someones credit account as an authroized user is usually used to increase their account age and credit history. However,  my wife was just approved for a Chase Disney premier Visa and since we travel to disney frequently we were considering adding myself as an authroized user. My question is will being added to her new account as an authroized user hurt my score? My three scores are EQ 680 TU 700 EX 690. I have 4 new accounts this year and my most recent account was an AMEX Plat in June.my other accounts range between 1-2 years age. I was concerned about damaging my age of account and new account rating as im looking to apply for the Venture card and Citi Prestige card or BoA Premier rewards card in October. Thank you guys for your input in advance.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
newhis
Valued Contributor

Re: being added as an authorized user

If you are added as an AU on a new card I think it will only hurt. Maybe in your case it will not hurt much because you have several new cards, but definitely will not help your score.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think it will only hurt my chances of getting the Vito prestige or boa premier?
Message 3 of 5
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I think that outside of the myFICO community, adding an AU is usually done for convenience. Smiley Happy

I don't think it's going to hurt your score much because your credit is already young and you have several new accounts already. I'd be more concerned about potential lenders who are sensitive to new accounts as this adds yet another one.

Is it possible to be added as an AU after your upcoming applications? If so, I'd wait. If convenience is the overriding factor, I'd add it and possibly delay applying for new cards.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank HeavenOhio that is a great idea. Being added as an AU was purely for convenience so I will wait until after my apps
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.