Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

big difference in scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

big difference in scores

I recently purchased myfico 3b monthly plan.

According to report, my scores were,

FICO score 8 based on Equifax data: 727

FICO score 8 based on Transunion data: 743

FICO score 8 based on Experian data: 738

However I recently applied for rental apartment. The landlord ran my credit. I obtained a copy of the report from the landlord.

Note that this was BEFORE I even purchased myfico plan.

The scores were,

Equifax: 692

Transunion: 694

Expierian: 706

As you can see the difference is quite significant. I subscribed to myfico only 2-3 days after my credit inquiry.

My question is, what's the use of purchasing myfico.com scores, if they are not used by creditors?

Ironically I am subscribed to credit karma, which is free. And their scores are much more closer to the actual credit report.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: big difference in scores

Update:

I noticed that the scores DO MATCH to some specific versions of the fico scores.

Message 2 of 3
iv
Valued Contributor

Re: big difference in scores

@Anonymous wrote:

Update:

I noticed that the scores DO MATCH to some specific versions of the fico scores.

Yep.  That's why the "additional versions" section was a very good thing for MyFICO to add.

Unfortunately, it's rarely possible to know in advance which score versions will be used.

Except for mortgages (which are always the same three - EQ5, EX2, TU4), usually all you can go by is other peoples' reports in forums like this.  (Frequently the person pulling the score doesn't actually know which model their company uses, even if you ask.)

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.