Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broke 700 on experien and TU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

broke 700 on experien and TU

This month my AMEX experien went up 21 points to 706, discover tu up 11 points to 717.  Still paying off my whopper HELOC debt but in danger of default next year when the big payments start.  My income is disablity ($50K-VA and Social Security).  I'm in school part-time and am taking out fed student loans.  Hope to be of use other than just a check taker.  My scores haven't been this high since 2009 when I made some huge risky purchases.  Been away from gambling for almost 18 months and no lates since a 60 day in 2013.  All 7 cards current and no lates with 0 UTIL.  I just paid my first $95 AF on CSP that is now over a year old.  No card apps or HP"s as of June 2015.  

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: broke 700 on experien and TU

Very nice congrats
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! Hope to be in your shoes one day!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your scores!

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: broke 700 on experien and TU-and now EQ

Bought a new car today.  Got 0% interest for 66 months (first two free) from Kia Motors.  Now I know Equifax: 719.  A year ago it was 695 when I got my last card (Discover). TU down to 711 due to housing credit checks and cox cable hard pull, EX up slightly to 708.  My old car was bought new five years ago.  Could barely get any financing for it.  After countless attempts, Chase bit at 15% interest.  I paid off the $25000 loan with a 3% home equity line of credit.  Still paying...Monthly payments on my new base model Kia Soul is $317 after WRAP, GAP and a $1000 paint treament were added.  Car is covered bumper to bumper for 100K miles.  Driving from Oregon to Arizona in two weeks.  Figured my 108K mile Kia Forte was due.  I had put a couple of hundred dollars into it recently and it was starting to act up and was uncomfortable to drive.   This new car seems to be better for my back.  Turns out I didn't need Navy Federal for a car loan after all.  Did put money into a $3000 CD paying 3% interest, so that's something for all those hard pulls in January 2015.  My EQ score was 652 back then and I got a 10K Cash Rewards VISA with no sign up bonus.  Now they have them.  The card came in handy in Ireland.  I used it for ATM withdrawals and its no FTF fees, even though I had the CSP as well.  The only fees I paid was $1 per atm withdrawal.  I kept small amounts of cash on me during my week in Ireland last month and paid off the advances as soon as I used them.  No credit card balance currently on the books.

Message 5 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: broke 700 on experien and TU-and now EQ

Congrats on ALL of your success!!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 10
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your progress.

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 7 of 10
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Wow, quite interesting. 

Happy you got to visit Ireland. Wife and I want to go there shine day. Maybe for our 10th. 

Congrats!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 8 of 10
EW800
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on all the success!

You mentioned previously that you may be in danger of default next year. I hope you can avoid that!

Best wishes!
Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

There will be no default.  I hope my stepmother sells the condo and pays off the loan, then I will put her on a $500/month stipend.  If not, I will continue to pay or restructure the loan for lower payments after it goes into repayment phase in April.  Maybe I can pick up a part-time job if Social Security allows it.  I have a lot of physical problems but I am able to teach music.  I found a music store in Arizona that is owned by a music therapist, my previous major.  I have a degree in  music composition.  Thanks for all the congrats.  I will continue on the path of recovery and trying to make a decent life for myself-and others.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.