cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I expect an increase on my score based on what I have done any how much ?

tag
hrb

can I expect an increase on my score based on what I have done any how much ?

I have been working on increasing my score. My Fako Credit Karma score 5/2014 was715 and Transunion is 706. I will break down what I owe on my credit cards and what I have paid down.  I was at total utilization was 49% and I have paid down to 32%.Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

old balance       new balance     credit limit          old % usage      new % usage

card 1                   5969                   5951                    7280                       81.99                81.74

card 2                   3549                    324                     6970                        50.92                .046

card 3                   3133                  1615                    7000                         44.76                23

card 4                   1695                   1095                   3000                          56.58               36

card 5                   1216                   1136                    2100                        57.90                54

card 6                     0                         0                             500

card 7                   pd off 2/2014      0                           3000

card 8                   pd off 3/2014      0                           1400

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: can I expect an increase on my score based on what I have done any how much ?

Can't really say without knowing what's in the rest of your report (clean sheet or mixed file w/derogatories, and how long those accounts have been open) but from a FICO perspective you'll likely get some points if the 33% breakpoint that gets bandied about is there in your report, but that's not guarunteed as we're not certain on explicit breakpoints in utilization and it may be influenced by your file (YMMV scenario).  CK's score all bets are off.

You'll get more points as you continue to bring down your aggregate utilization and also start paying off the other cards to zero as both are factored into the FICO scoring algorithm.  Regardless, congratulations on making significant progress!

        
Message 2 of 4
hrb

Re: can I expect an increase on my score based on what I have done any how much ?

Do you think I will have trouble getting an auto loan from a dealership? My debt to income is not an issue.

Message 3 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@hrb wrote:

Do you think I will have trouble getting an auto loan from a dealership? My debt to income is not an issue.

Nah, auto loans are the easiest of all things to qualify for though auto-enhanced scores can be very different than regular FICO ones.  There may be a downpayment requirement of some amount but I wouldn't think you'll have much trouble: that's especially true if you have decent installment history on your report already.

        
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.