Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i really remove a late payment without help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: can i really remove a late payment without help

My Discover account was paid in full and closed at the time of the dispute.

Message 11 of 17
tooscope2

I would love to see a copy of the letter and appreciate your optimism.  You can email it to me at ********************

I removed your email address as it's not a good idea to post such personal information in a public forum.  You may want to use the Private Messaging function for this purpose.

Thanks,
Barry

Message Edited by Barry on 04-19-2007 01:43 PM
Message 12 of 17
morphius

I wouild love to get a copy to. Can you please email me at ************** tahnks for all the help

I removed your email address as it's not a good idea to post such personal information in a public forum.  You may want to use the Private Messaging function for this purpose.

Thanks,
Barry

Message Edited by Barry on 04-19-2007 01:44 PM
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
Let me tell why trying to play hardball with cap 1 might not work. I had filed bankruptcy back in '97. I got sloppy and had a 30 day late on one and somehow a 60 day late on the other. My laziness continued as I didn't check my interest rate until a few months later and happened to glance when I saw the rate was a beautiful 25.9%. I had heard that if you call and ask them to reduce your rate they may do so. So I called and asked them to please lower the rate or close my account (thinking that they would want to keep me as a loyal customer) I thought they would rather keep me as a customer but when I asked, the women, with blinking an eye lash or asking a supervisor kindly and quickly said "We'll just go ahead and close your accounts" and I was like "really" so they don't value their clients as much as you would think. I closed them and paid them off not being late once. Now here is the kicker. I kept receiving "you've been pre-approved for a new Cap 1 card and here is what i did. I took all of their junk and stuffed in back in the envelope, and where they ask for a signature I had signed"Never again will I do business with your company ever *%$#@% again. It took them 6 months to finally get the message and took me off their mailing list.

On a side note had read a great article in the Washington Post newspaper on credit reports. The article stated that if a credit card company does not post your credit limit on the credit report, what ever the balance is the creditors assume the card is maxed out 100%. So you can never have that 30% balance to limit ratio thus hurting your credit scores. Every time I pull someone's credit (yes I'm a Loan officer) Capital One does it every single time, they NEVER post your limit. I've seen Chase do it one time and no one else is guilty of this. I tell everyone of my clients to call Cap one and demand that they post your their limit(s) on the reports. Everyone else does! So, I wish you good luck with trying them to get to do anything for you.

(Just fixed everything so the first post had all the content! - Raine)

Message Edited by Raine on 04-18-2007 10:11 AM
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't waste your timing demanding that Cap1 report your credit limit.  They won't do it.  Ever. 
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I get a copy of that letter.  I want to get a mortgage by the end of the year and I have some items that I need to dispute.
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

2/15/2007

Your Name

Address

City, State Zip

Phone Number

Dispute Department

Name of Company or CRA

Address

City, State Zip

515-247-5513

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to dispute information on my credit report.  The items I wish to dispute are listed below and also highlighted on the attached credit report.

PRIN RES MTG 1856086:  NEVER INCLUDED IN A BANKRUPTCY (this loan was reaffirmed), NEVER LATE

I have been trying for some time to get a mortgage loan approved and these inaccuracies are preventing me from getting financing.  Please make it a priority to correct the aforementioned errors.  Keep in mind that the lenders will not approve this loan until you correct these errors.  Therefore it is imperative that you address this matter immediately.

Enclosed are copes of the credit report and supporting documentation.

Sincerely,

Your Name

DOB:  01-21-1970

SSN: 

Enclosures: credit report, Mortgage pay off

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.