cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can you ask your credit card to go ahead and update their reporting to credit bureaus?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: can you ask your credit card to go ahead and update their reporting to credit bureaus?

you don't need 800 to do the refi.  It can help you negotiate a better deal in some cases because sometimes lenders will give mortgage brokers incentives (like .375%) for bringing in customers with 800 or better credit scores.  Knowing this you can split it with the broker or at least it will allow him to give you the best possible pricing by making their fees minimal. 
Message 11 of 14
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

Re: can you ask your credit card to go ahead and update their reporting to credit bureaus?

Sorry--I did not mean to say that an 800 was needed to do a refi--obviously refinances are done with scores under 800. My comment was about the score at which the "best deal" is available. I was under the impression that a 760-780 will give the best deal and above that is just gravy. If you found a broker who is willing to cut his/her fees etc for scores >800 that is great (I wonder if the fees were jacked up to begin with?).

Good Luck! 

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had previously thought that about the 760 score and that is correct at a lot of places; especially in-house bank guys.

With the third party mortgage brokers you can get some benefit I am finding from 800 plus.  The fees and rates are excellent, which is why I am trying to do this deal. 

Message 13 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Just make sure that one card does report a balance. I had always heard this, but I had to check it out for myself, and sure enough, all cards with $0 will definitely hurt you. I didn't lose that much in the great scheme of things, but you don't want to lose any, or course, and with your high scores, you would probably lose more.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.