a1-iam

car payout

Im thinking about paying out my car earlier to free up money for a home. Will paying out early make my score better or worst?
Valued Contributor
tcbofade

Re: car payout

Neither.  :smileytongue:

...on it's own.

Is it the only installment loan that you have?

Do you have two installment loans?  Three?

If it is your only installment loan, your score may drop a bit when it reports closed...nothing to worry about tho.

If you have three open installment loans, paying it off will boost your score, because you'll only have two open.

If you've got two installment loans and pay one off, it won't affect your score at all.

Good luck.  :smileyhappy:

Current Scores: EX 671 (FCR) TU08: 638 Wally (TU08).10/11//14 Last app 05/29/2014.
Being held hostage in the garden until 01 November 2014.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Valued Contributor
JM-AM

a1-iam wrote:
Im thinking about paying out my car earlier to free up money for a home. Will paying out early make my score better or worst?
This may help with your UTIL, but generally isnt considered a way to increase scores. Depending on others things on your reports really depends on how will impact your scores if it impac
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
guiness56

[ Edited ]

There are two types of utilization used for FICO scoring.  Revolving and installment.  Installment utilization is such a small factor that paying it off or down will do next to nothing to improve your score.

If it is your only installment type account and it is closed you may take a ding for credit mix.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}