Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cc pay off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

cc pay off

I paid off half my cc in September and got a big score boost, paid the remainder off in October and dropped two points. Why would that happened? Only cc. was a $500 limit. pulled both power score reports and not one thing has changed other than those two balances. If it is on the power score report, then are the points already there or is there a delay in time for posting?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: cc pay off

@Anonymous wrote:

I paid off half my cc in September and got a big score boost, paid the remainder off in October and dropped two points. Why would that happened? Only cc. was a $500 limit. pulled both power score reports and not one thing has changed other than those two balances. If it is on the power score report, then are the points already there or is there a delay in time for posting?

You say you paid half in Sep and the remainder in October, do you have any CC's reporting a balance now?

FICO likes it best when you have all CC's paid to zero balance and one CC reporting a balance of <9% of its CL, meaning you will see better scores with 1 or 2% util than you will with 0% util.

EDITED to fix a mistake.

Odd but true.

Message 2 of 25
dalebb
Valued Contributor

no balance is bad,, high balance is bad, they need to see u using ur cards, but keep it low,

Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

zero balance posted all the way around

Message 4 of 25
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

what cards do u have and what r ur credit limits?

Message 5 of 25
red456
Valued Member

none, that was it. credit score tu-629 equifax 630 experian 679.  any suggestions   (propaneman is my husband and he is eating supper and ask me to type that for him)

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

There's where you lost the 2 points Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 25
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@red456 wrote:

none, that was it. credit score tu-629 equifax 630 experian 679.  any suggestions   (propaneman is my husband and he is eating supper and ask me to type that for him)

so ur saying u paid off ur credit cards and closed them?

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I'm getting is you only have one 500CL credit card?

If that's the case and you're concerned regarding your score, pay all but like $10 by the due date, and 1 day after the closing/statement date pay the $10 and your score should go back up.

I'm not really sure what suggestions you're looking for, sorry bout that.

Message 9 of 25
red456
Valued Member

No, he didnt close it. just paid it off. We are trying to get to a 640 for a fha loan and we are 10 and 11 points away. Our banker is the one who came with the idea of getting it to zero.  I beleive he thought we could get good points for both months if we split it and paid half and half.  Lesson learned. Now what reckon???

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.