cc pay off

I paid off half my cc in September and got a big score boost, paid the remainder off in October and dropped two points. Why would that happened? Only cc. was a $500 limit. pulled both power score reports and not one thing has changed other than those two balances. If it is on the power score report, then are the points already there or is there a delay in time for posting?

Valued Contributor

Re: cc pay off

[ Edited ]

propaneman wrote:

I paid off half my cc in September and got a big score boost, paid the remainder off in October and dropped two points. Why would that happened? Only cc. was a $500 limit. pulled both power score reports and not one thing has changed other than those two balances. If it is on the power score report, then are the points already there or is there a delay in time for posting?

You say you paid half in Sep and the remainder in October, do you have any CC's reporting a balance now?

FICO likes it best when you have all CC's paid to zero balance and one CC reporting a balance of <9% of its CL, meaning you will see better scores with 1 or 2% util than you will with 0% util.

EDITED to fix a mistake.

Odd but true.

Starting Score: 583
Current Score: 3-03-12-EQ-802 TU-806 EX-798 (EQ Beacon 9: 804 Lender Pull 3-08-12) All FICO's
Goal Score: 800+ across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Valued Contributor

no balance is bad,, high balance is bad, they need to see u using ur cards, but keep it low,

zero balance posted all the way around

Valued Contributor

propaneman wrote:

what cards do u have and what r ur credit limits?

Valued Member

[ Edited ]

none, that was it. credit score tu-629 equifax 630 experian 679.  any suggestions   (propaneman is my husband and he is eating supper and ask me to type that for him)

Valued Contributor

propaneman wrote:

There's where you lost the 2 points :smileywink:

Current Score: 3-03-12-EQ-802 TU-806 EX-798 (EQ Beacon 9: 804 Lender Pull 3-08-12) All FICO's

Valued Contributor

red456 wrote:

none, that was it. credit score tu-629 equifax 630 experian 679.  any suggestions   (propaneman is my husband and he is eating supper and ask me to type that for him)

so ur saying u paid off ur credit cards and closed them?

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

What I'm getting is you only have one 500CL credit card?

If that's the case and you're concerned regarding your score, pay all but like $10 by the due date, and 1 day after the closing/statement date pay the $10 and your score should go back up.

I'm not really sure what suggestions you're looking for, sorry bout that.

Valued Member

No, he didnt close it. just paid it off. We are trying to get to a 640 for a fha loan and we are 10 and 11 points away. Our banker is the one who came with the idea of getting it to zero.  I beleive he thought we could get good points for both months if we split it and paid half and half.  Lesson learned. Now what reckon???

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.