Anonymous
Not applicable

charge off question

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: charge off question

i have a credit one account that was charged off in 8/2007 it is reporting as a charge off date of 5/2008 and 3/2009 should i be concerned with this i have disputed it and it comes back as verified. I am just not sure how badly it is hurting me being so recent
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

is this the wrong forum for this question?

Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Disputing it probably hurt your scores a little more. Have you tried to send a PFD?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

i had already paid this after it was sold to a CA that i had pfd, the original creditor will not delete it.

why would disputing something hurt my score?

Message 5 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I would start with a slavo of GWs. If this acct is older than your AAoA, then ask Credit One to remove any "charge-off" or "settled" remarks and/or lates. If this is newer than your AAoA, then ask them to delete.

When you dispute, your DOLA and reported dates will usually change to the month in which the dispute was made. FICO will often see this baddie as a newer baddie and that can drop your score some.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

i cant believe it, i called credit one and explained to them the problem and read to them the way that there trade line is reporting on my credit report of course they said they cant help me, but then i explained that i have disputed it 4 times in the past year now and that EQ will not change anything, i also read to them the investigation report, where it says that "EQ has contacted the creditor" that made her really mad she said "they have never contacted us about this account, we would have made comments about it" she had me hold for a few minutes came back and said we will delete this from the 3 reporting agencies if you fax a letter that the account is paid in full with collect america..... so i did,

guess we will see what happens from here.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.