Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

check my score hurt my score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

check my score hurt my score?

Hi

I thinking to check a EQ and TU score from myfico. Once i buy its will hurt my score? go down couple points?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: check my score hurt my score?

You will never hurt your score if you pull your credit report.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 5
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

Nope.          

Message Edited by llecs on 05-29-2009 10:56 PM
2wheel
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

One more question Smiley Happy Since EQ is not listed to MyFico anymore so whatever listed on Experian is my Fico score? I see this in my EX. "Your PLUS Score of 648"

eta: sorry for the edit. I was trying to knock out whatever formatting made this thread get wide, which it wasn't originally. Smiley Tongue
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 05-29-2009 07:48 PM
Message 4 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Your abbreviations are mixed up. It's EX (Experian), not EQ (Equifax.)

To answer, nope, you're looking at your PLUS score, not a FICO score. They also sometimes flog the Vantage score.

There's no correlation between PLUS (and other FAKO's) with FICO scores. I get PLUS scores for all three bureaus, lucky me, with my CreditSecure (an Experian product), and they hardly ever change.

Unless you apply for a mortgage or join that Pennsylvania credit union (PSECU), your EX FICO will remain a mystery to you for the indefinite future.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.