Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

checking your credit score

tag
shamekapta
Established Member

checking your credit score

how often should u check your score if u are paying off baddies and disputing items..?the last time i checked mines it was on 8-17-2010, but i kind of wanted to wait till the beginning of the yr cuz i am going to work on my credit!

Starting Score: 511 tu,466eq
Current Score: 511,466
Goal Score:700
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: checking your credit score

Hello did you consider purchasing Scorewatch? Or similar?  That will be worth it IMO.

Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I pull all 3 reports 6-7 x per week. It's helpful if you have a lot of changes and you don't want to fork out more money than what is needed if you suspect something changed. If there are changes on EQ or TU, I'll pull a new myFICO report.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@shamekapta wrote:

how often should u check your score if u are paying off baddies and disputing items..?the last time i checked mines it was on 8-17-2010, but i kind of wanted to wait till the beginning of the yr cuz i am going to work on my credit!

I could be wrong, but when you're disputing items, doesn't the TU, EQ, or EX notify you when their investigation is complete? At least they have when I've disputed stuff.

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Yes, the CRA must notify you.

FCRA 611(a)(1) requires the CRA to complete its investigation within 30-days of your dispute, and FCRA 611(a)(6) then requires them to mail you written notice of their results within 5-days after completion of their investigation.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.