kwil07

closed accounts on my report are hurting my score

i have a five or so old items on my credit report from when i was in college that went to collections.  i paid all of them off completely over 4 years ago.  i have read about ways to fight/remove other negative items from your report but nothing talks about an account that was paid off. 

i have had a car loan and a new credit card since that i always pay on time.  if i just had these items off my report i would have a much higher score.

any tips/ideas?

thanks.
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: closed accounts on my report are hurting my score

[ Edited ]
You want the paid collections gone.

Message Edited by Tuscani on 07-31-2007 12:11 PM
kwil07

thanks, thats what im trying to figure out. 

is there a template for a letter i can send to get these taken off my report? 

i have found letters to dispute information, etc and a PFD letter but this is different.  since i have already paid them off i just want the items removed from my report.

thanks again.
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

kwil07

THANK YOU SO MUCH, THIS IS GREAT.  I FEEL LIKE I HAVE A REAL GAME PLAN THAT MIGHT ACTUALLY WORK.  I'LL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT GOES.

BEST REGARDS.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}