Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

closing accounts thats brand new

tag
jayrock24
Regular Contributor

closing accounts thats brand new

whats the difference between closing an account thats 1 month old and an account thats 12 months old as far as aaoa is concerned im planning on closing to new accounts how will this effect my score and or aaoa thanks

gardening tu fico 770 eq fico 735 ex fico 698 last app 2/27 chase freedom instant approval planing on gardening until my house search begins sometime in jun or july
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: closing accounts thats brand new

@jayrock24 wrote:

whats the difference between closing an account thats 1 month old and an account thats 12 months old as far as aaoa is concerned im planning on closing to new accounts how will this effect my score and or aaoa thanks

AAoA includes all accounts, either open or closed.   So you might as well leave them open unless they have annual fees.  

The main issue with closing credit cards is the effect on your revolving utilization.    If your revolving utilization increases as a result of losing the credit limits then your FICO score might be lowered.    See this link:    http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Closing-Credit-Cards/td-p/347190

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.