Senior Contributor
smallfry

Re: credit balance

[ Edited ]
Article on balances reporting wouldn't post.

Message Edited by smallfry on 08-11-2007 03:55 PM
Moderator Emeritus
fused

[ Edited ]

smallfry wrote:
Fused tell you what. Let every tradeline you have report a balance and pull a report and see if you don't get the too many accounts with balances is hurting your score message.

I have the same message and my scores went up months ago! TU up 7, EX up 4 and EQ up 4. I think these messages are created because they can't find any negative items on some of our reports 

Message Edited by fused111 on 08-11-2007 10:03 AM
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (09-16-2014): EQ 824, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Senior Contributor
ilovepizza

fused111 wrote:

smallfry wrote:
Fused tell you what. Let every tradeline you have report a balance and pull a report and see if you don't get the too many accounts with balances is hurting your score message.

I have the same message and my scores went up months ago! TU up 7, EX up 4 and EQ up 4. I think these messages are created because they can't find any negative items on some of our reports

Message Edited by fused111 on 08-11-2007 10:03 AM

Maybe it is 4 or less balances including non-mortgage installments? Perhaps if you have 4 cc's and 1 auto installments that might count as 5 balances. Try limiting to just 4 accounts and just for this test if you have a mortgage include that in your total 4 open balances. See if you don't get a score jump. Please share with us your results when updated if you can do this. I currently only have credit card debt so when I tested this I only had 4 accounts open. Perhaps if I had an installment that would have brought me to 5 accounts and I would have needed to pay off another cc to reduce it to 4 accounts. :smileyhappy:
If we never set higher goals we would never get as far.
sol, credit 101, acr, abbreviations, calc
Senior Contributor
smallfry

Mortgages and car loans count against the total. Like fused said we're talking peanuts here but under no circumstances do I buy the let 10 or so accounts report. That's bs. Everything I read says that under 3-4 reporting is best and I have seen some 830+ FICO profiles where only one or two TL's report monthly and the utilization is under 1%. As with EVERYTHING CREDIT, YMMV.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+