Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit karma

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit karma

i know credit karma is a fako score but does anyone know what bureau they go threw? its seems to be pretty accurate with my equifax and transunion scores that i got from here.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Re: credit karma

TU

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It says TU but my credit karma score dropped 10 points to 540 however I just purchased my TU score last week on here and it's 608.  It's all so confusing to me!  lol

Message 3 of 12
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

It says TU but my credit karma score dropped 10 points to 540 however I just purchased my TU score last week on here and it's 608.  It's all so confusing to me!  lol

That's because the two scores you get from CK are NOT TU FICO scores. They are TransRisk scores and VantageScores and cannot be compared to FICO scores in any fashion.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It's infinitely less confusing if you totally absolutely ignore FAKO scores from credit karumba's site.  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 12
gagum129
Regular Contributor

Remember that your Transunion from here is somewhat of a FAKO score. The TU score you get here is a older scoring model that is used but not all that often anymore. You will find out that some people's TU98 score they get here varies when a lender pulls there TU score. Usually the lender uses the TU04 model. In my case the difference was only a couple of points. My TU04 from lender was a couple points higher than the TU98 I got here. I have read through these forums that there has been greater differences.

With all that being said in my case my Karma score was only a point off my TU04. So, all in all my scores where all pretty close but that is not always the case.

Starting Score: 582
Current Score:
Equifax 684 MyFico 10/10/11
Transunion 659 lender pull 7/6/11
Experian 690 lender pull 7/6/11

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you get the tu04?
Message 7 of 12
gagum129
Regular Contributor

The only way I know is from a lender. I recently had all my scores pulled from a lender when applying for a mortgage.

Starting Score: 582
Current Score:
Equifax 684 MyFico 10/10/11
Transunion 659 lender pull 7/6/11
Experian 690 lender pull 7/6/11

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 12
Booner72
Senior Contributor

I've decided to stop logging into CK.  For one, I don't want my file to split.  For two, I hate what they tell me because I can't see my report to go along with their bad advice.

I really like True Credit for it's ability to pull your TU report every day if you want to that is part of their monthly charge. 

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Booner72 wrote:

I've decided to stop logging into CK.  For one, I don't want my file to split.  For two, I hate what they tell me because I can't see my report to go along with their bad advice.

I really like True Credit for it's ability to pull your TU report every day if you want to that is part of their monthly charge. 

What's splitting!?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.